Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Singing Pandora's Praises

I would describe myself as a positive, optimistic, industrius, glass half full kind of "gal." That doesn't mean that I don't have bad days. Today was a perfect example. It started out with the bluetooth to my Blackberry refusing to stay connected. Details of work, really not worth mentioning, got me down as well. Roots are showing...I feel bloated and it's so hot and humid in Houston right now that getting on a bike, even with a hydration pack, at 6:30 at night seems unbearable. So I resorted to Plan B after dinner tonight. Instead of going out in the heat and sweating like a pig I chose to stay in. I gave myself permission not to be super driven today. One day without exercise won't kill me after all and stressing about perfection just might. So I drank a glass of red wine, sat on my massage chair (best purchase EVER!) and put Pandora on. I have about 50 stations set so I have music for every mood and occasion. Right now Steely Dan, Fleetwood Mac, Ambrosia and Earth Wind & Fire are doing their job and mellowing me out. Tomorrow is another day and I don't mean that in a Scarlett O'Hara kind of way. So, in the vein of Having it All, I thank Pandora for helping me create an oasis at home tonight after a rough day in the trenches.

No comments:

Post a Comment